Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Waiting

For so many times I have told myself I can't anymore. For so many times I have said it's over. Better leave things unexplained and unknown than try to find out and struggle to understand. I have told myself, I better let go. Better for my health, better for my heart, better for my soul. And yet each time you pull me back, just when I was all set to leave you. Each time you would ask me not to go, reason with me, fight with me. And when you do, I feel I can hold on forever, wait for an eternity, if the waiting could be this good...

Then again comes the doubts, the fear, the worries. You've done this in the past. How is my heart to listen to my soul and not my fears? How does one quiet the mind, when it has been the one at work for the longest time? Why did it have to be you, You who can't be with me. You who couldn't be ready? Why must I love you? Why you?

But how can I not? When you could make me feel that I'm the reason for your changing. How can I not love someone who would beg me to stay? I never loved you for a reason. How can I not love you now that there's more of a reason?

No comments: